Delivering sustainable alternatives for global energy transition
Scroll down for more
Biofuels are some of the best developed and a fast growing alternative for liquid fuels on the market. Technip Energies is fully engaged in this sector with various service offerings and is convinced that biofuels projects will become viable, profitable green solutions for a wide range of industries."
Driving the biofuels market with expertise and technology
Biofuels play an important role in energy transition needs as we move to sustainable solutions in concert with the international community. Due to changing public policies, increased government incentives and growing consumer demand, biofuels have become an advanced solution for low-carbon energy, drawing the attention of oil and gas companies, the agro-industry, chemical companies and wood processing industries.
Technip Energies has the know-how and experience to deliver biofuels production projects as sustainable energy alternatives. From feasibility studies and basic design to front-end engineering design (FEED) and full EPC project execution, we offer solutions that get the job done.
End-to-end project management
Our engineering and end-to-end project management expertise applies directly to the biofuels market, particularly for biofuel refineries. We offer a wide range of services and proprietary and partnership-based technologies, including biodiesel and biojet production technologies as well as ethanol first- and second-generation processes. We have extensive experience in the design and construction of bioethanol plants.
By leveraging our position as a market leader in refinery engineering, we provide our clients the experience to support their biofuels projects from concept and basic design, including CAPEX estimates, to engineering and turnkey delivery. We work with our clients from start to finish to successfully deliver biofuel projects as sustainable energy alternatives.
Proprietary or licensed technologies
- Hummingbird® (ethanol to ethylene, potentially to transportation fuels)
- Ethanol (1G) generation process
- CO2 capture and feedstock with renewable hydrogen to hydrocarbons
Other licensed technologies
- Sunliquid® technology developed by Clariant
- Renewable fuels HVO production technologies
- Ethanol (2G) generation process
- BTG bioliquids fast pyrolysis oil
Proven experience in biofuels
- Proven experience in executing all types of refinery and biofuel plants worldwide including the world’s largest biofuel plant
- Leading design and complete engineering capabilities
- Full project management and turnkey delivery
- Ability to execute due diligence regarding advanced biofuels projects (second generation)
- In-house technologies for bioethanol and ethanol to ethylene production
- Licensing BTG bioliquids pyrolysis bio-oil technology.
Get in touch
Send a message using the contact us form:
Select Biofuels from the Commercial contact per solution dropdown: