Technology centers and capabilities
Developing and testing new technologies
Scroll down for more
Frankfurt, Germany, Technology Center
Zimmer® Polymer Technologies
Technip Zimmer®’s technology center is the key innovation driver for Zimmer® Polymer Technologies fostering cooperation with partners and clients. The technology center primarily focuses on polymerization and recycling processes and is uniquely positioned to provide a wide range of R&D services in those areas. Experienced researchers and engineers with access to unique laboratory and pilot plants and state-of-the-art analytical facilities provide services to our clients for all phases of product development from business idea to commercialization. This includes generation, testing and optimization of polymer recipes, small-scale and mid-scale sample production, process development based on lab plant data and process commercialization services.
- Semi-commercial, 1- & 2-stage batch pilot and SSP bench plants for polycondensation
- UV/VIS spectrometer, colorimeter, refractometer
- Viscosimeter, titrator, coulometer, polarograph y GC, HPLC, DSC
- R&D of proprietary processes, equipment and polymer recipe development
- Sample production/evaluation, process validation and commercialization
- Feedstock and polymer analytics according to international standards (ISO, DIN, EN, ASTM)
Weymouth, Mass., USA Technology Center
Badger Process Technology
With a highly experienced staff and a proven track record of successful process commercialization, the Weymouth Research Center provides bench, pilot and demonstration scale services for the development of chemical process technologies. Our lab and engineering teams work together to generate accurate data that allows clients and partners to cost effectively extend their research and development capabilities. Most importantly is the access provided to an experienced research team dedicated to the development of novel process technologies.
- Ten 24/7 fully automated pilot plants online GC and continuous process analyzers
- Fixed, fluid and stirred reactors and separation equipment
- Advanced analytical capabilities
- Gas chromatography - TCD/FID/MS/NPD/SCD
- Ion chromatography
LECO total carbon services
- Catalyst activity, selectivity and life testing
- Bench, pilot and demonstration scale testing
- Technology evaluation
- Process scaleup and commercialization
Access the Badger website
Compiègne, France, Technology Center
Our Cybernetix laboratory in Compiègne, France, has demonstrated expertise in advanced nondestructive testing and multi-instrumented tests for evaluating and qualifying coating materials and structures for cryogenic spill protection.
The combination of mechanical engineering and nondestructive testing skills allows our laboratory to characterize and understand the fundamental behavior of tested materials or equipment.